As competition intensifies among major retailers, bargains are getting bigger. One steal: Walmart slashed the price of the popular 65-in. Samsung HDTV–normally $1,999–to $798.
A recent NRF poll found that 20% of respondents planned to spend less this holiday season because of the uncertain political climate.
Major chains like Best Buy and Amazon now offer deals throughout November rather than just on Black Friday, and many shoppers held out for Cyber Monday.
This appears in the December 12, 2016 issue of TIME.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time