As competition intensifies among major retailers, bargains are getting bigger. One steal: Walmart slashed the price of the popular 65-in. Samsung HDTV–normally $1,999–to $798.
A recent NRF poll found that 20% of respondents planned to spend less this holiday season because of the uncertain political climate.
Major chains like Best Buy and Amazon now offer deals throughout November rather than just on Black Friday, and many shoppers held out for Cyber Monday.
This appears in the December 12, 2016 issue of TIME.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This