Donald Trump is visiting Indianapolis Thursday to announce that he has reached an agreement with Carrier, officially fulfilling his campaign promise to keep jobs in Indiana.
The announcement comes after the plant, which produces air-conditioners and other products, was slated to close. The reversal will save more than 1,000 jobs.
Trump also plans on making similar deals with other companies that are considering outsourcing American jobs, as a way to reverse the “generational decline in U.S. manufacturing,” according to a previous report.
The live stream will begin 2 p.m. Eastern.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart