Donald Trump is visiting Indianapolis Thursday to announce that he has reached an agreement with Carrier, officially fulfilling his campaign promise to keep jobs in Indiana.
The announcement comes after the plant, which produces air-conditioners and other products, was slated to close. The reversal will save more than 1,000 jobs.
Trump also plans on making similar deals with other companies that are considering outsourcing American jobs, as a way to reverse the “generational decline in U.S. manufacturing,” according to a previous report.
The live stream will begin 2 p.m. Eastern.
- Supreme Court Overturns Roe v. Wade, Undoing Constitutional Right to Abortion
- What the Supreme Court’s Abortion Decision Means for Your State
- The Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- The Fight Over Abortion Has Only Just Begun
- Column: How Stereotypes Shape the Language People Use
- Everything We Know About Beyoncé's New Album, Renaissance
- Homes Made from Straw or Fungi Can Now Get You a Cheaper Mortgage in the Netherlands
- Going on Vacation This Summer? Welcome to the 'Revenge Travel' Economy