Stephen Colbert returned to The Late Show Wednesday to get his digs in at Mitt Romney for taking a meeting with President-elect Donald Trump at Jean Georges at Trump International Hotel in New York City.
The 2012 GOP presidential nominee was meeting with Trump again to discuss a potential Cabinet position, and Colbert wasn’t going to let that slide without a few jabs. The talk-show host showed a clip of the former governor making a sharply-worded case against the Republican nominee in March, calling Trump a “fraud.”
“His promises are as worthless as a degree from Trump University. He’s playing the American people for suckers. He gets a free ride to the White House and all we get is a lousy hat,” Romney said.
Colbert then shared the now famous photo of the meal that provided the Internet with plenty of meme fodder, joking that Trump looked like “the guy who fired the devil the week before Christmas” while Romney appeared to be “eating crow.”
Watch the full clip of Colbert tackling this meeting, the recount and Trump’s tweets below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022