Talk about cruel and unusual punishment. The Kensington Police on Prince Edward Island have come up with a unique form of cracking down on drunk driving — by promising to make inebriated drivers listen to oft-maligned Canadian rock band Nickelback on the ride to jail.
In a Facebook post published last Saturday, the police cautioned residents from allowing holiday parties to impair their judgment, telling drunk drivers that “when we catch you, and we will catch you, on top of a hefty fine, a criminal charge and a years driving suspension we will also provide you with a bonus gift of playing the office’s copy of Nickelback in the cruiser on the way to jail.”
To drive the point home, the Kensington police included a photo of Nickelback’s 2001 album, “Silver Side Up,” before closing with one last ominous statement.
“Now, now, no need to thank us, we figure if you are foolish enough to get behind the wheel after drinking then a little Chad Kroeger and the boys is the perfect gift for you.”
See the full Facebook post below.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement