“You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way,” Trump said on the call, according to a readout provided by the Pakistani government. “I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems.”
The penchant for hyperbole that Trump often exhibited in off-the-cuff campaign speeches came through in the phone call, during which Sharif congratulated him on his election victory and invited him to visit Pakistan.
“Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people,” Trump said.
The full readout of the call, according to the Pakistani government, is below. Trump’s transition team has not released a readout.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time