“You are a terrific guy. You are doing amazing work which is visible in every way,” Trump said on the call, according to a readout provided by the Pakistani government. “I am ready and willing to play any role that you want me to play to address and find solutions to the outstanding problems.”
The penchant for hyperbole that Trump often exhibited in off-the-cuff campaign speeches came through in the phone call, during which Sharif congratulated him on his election victory and invited him to visit Pakistan.
“Please convey to the Pakistani people that they are amazing and all Pakistanis I have known are exceptional people,” Trump said.
The full readout of the call, according to the Pakistani government, is below. Trump’s transition team has not released a readout.
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023