Matthew McConaughey may be an Oscar-winning movie star, but he still has time to get back to his roots. After cheering on the University of Texas football team during their game against TCU Friday, the 47-year-old actor stuck around his alma mater to drive students home from campus Monday night.
In a picture posted on Facebook by UT’s student government, McConaughey can be seen participating in the school’s safe rides program, SURE (Students United for Rape Elimination) Walk. “Longhorns take care of each other, and it’s ‘safe’ to say Matthew McConaughey agrees,” the photo’s caption reads.
Of course, given that he’s technically co-teaching an advanced filmmaking seminar at the college this semester, students should maybe get used to seeing him around.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time