Matthew McConaughey may be an Oscar-winning movie star, but he still has time to get back to his roots. After cheering on the University of Texas football team during their game against TCU Friday, the 47-year-old actor stuck around his alma mater to drive students home from campus Monday night.
In a picture posted on Facebook by UT’s student government, McConaughey can be seen participating in the school’s safe rides program, SURE (Students United for Rape Elimination) Walk. “Longhorns take care of each other, and it’s ‘safe’ to say Matthew McConaughey agrees,” the photo’s caption reads.
Of course, given that he’s technically co-teaching an advanced filmmaking seminar at the college this semester, students should maybe get used to seeing him around.
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Nicole Chung: The Person I Became After My Father's Death
- Can Birth Control Help Solve the World's Rat Problem?
- About That Devastating Tom-Shiv Scene in Succession's Premiere
- Why Humza Yousaf's Win Is 'Historic' for Scotland
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement