Matthew McConaughey may be an Oscar-winning movie star, but he still has time to get back to his roots. After cheering on the University of Texas football team during their game against TCU Friday, the 47-year-old actor stuck around his alma mater to drive students home from campus Monday night.
In a picture posted on Facebook by UT’s student government, McConaughey can be seen participating in the school’s safe rides program, SURE (Students United for Rape Elimination) Walk. “Longhorns take care of each other, and it’s ‘safe’ to say Matthew McConaughey agrees,” the photo’s caption reads.
Of course, given that he’s technically co-teaching an advanced filmmaking seminar at the college this semester, students should maybe get used to seeing him around.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow