Matthew McConaughey may be an Oscar-winning movie star, but he still has time to get back to his roots. After cheering on the University of Texas football team during their game against TCU Friday, the 47-year-old actor stuck around his alma mater to drive students home from campus Monday night.
In a picture posted on Facebook by UT’s student government, McConaughey can be seen participating in the school’s safe rides program, SURE (Students United for Rape Elimination) Walk. “Longhorns take care of each other, and it’s ‘safe’ to say Matthew McConaughey agrees,” the photo’s caption reads.
Of course, given that he’s technically co-teaching an advanced filmmaking seminar at the college this semester, students should maybe get used to seeing him around.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time