After President-elect Donald Trump claimed that millions voted illegally in the election on Twitter Sunday, Trevor Noah took it upon himself to suggest a new method for the media to follow when responding to his statements. During Tuesday’s episode of The Daily Show, Noah, one of the many late-night hosts who have parodied Trump, offered his take.
“If you think about it, it makes sense. He loves the same things that toddlers do. They like building things. They love attention…always grabbing things they’re not supposed to,” Noah said. “Facts mean nothing to him. Donald Trump has no relationship to facts — none!”
He then went on to propose a new media coverage route. “You don’t argue with a toddler if you want to win,” he said. “Don’t amplify the toddler’s voice, because you’ll just get trapped in the toddler’s world. Rather, just keep asking the toddler to elaborate. Because logic is the downfall of every toddler.”
Watch the full video above.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This