After President-elect Donald Trump claimed that millions voted illegally in the election on Twitter Sunday, Trevor Noah took it upon himself to suggest a new method for the media to follow when responding to his statements. During Tuesday’s episode of The Daily Show, Noah, one of the many late-night hosts who have parodied Trump, offered his take.
“If you think about it, it makes sense. He loves the same things that toddlers do. They like building things. They love attention…always grabbing things they’re not supposed to,” Noah said. “Facts mean nothing to him. Donald Trump has no relationship to facts — none!”
He then went on to propose a new media coverage route. “You don’t argue with a toddler if you want to win,” he said. “Don’t amplify the toddler’s voice, because you’ll just get trapped in the toddler’s world. Rather, just keep asking the toddler to elaborate. Because logic is the downfall of every toddler.”
Watch the full video above.
- Here's Where All The Strongest Hurricanes Have Hit the U.S. in the Past 50 Years
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- Here Are the 12 New Books You Should Read in October
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out