After President-elect Donald Trump claimed that millions voted illegally in the election on Twitter Sunday, Trevor Noah took it upon himself to suggest a new method for the media to follow when responding to his statements. During Tuesday’s episode of The Daily Show, Noah, one of the many late-night hosts who have parodied Trump, offered his take.
“If you think about it, it makes sense. He loves the same things that toddlers do. They like building things. They love attention…always grabbing things they’re not supposed to,” Noah said. “Facts mean nothing to him. Donald Trump has no relationship to facts — none!”
He then went on to propose a new media coverage route. “You don’t argue with a toddler if you want to win,” he said. “Don’t amplify the toddler’s voice, because you’ll just get trapped in the toddler’s world. Rather, just keep asking the toddler to elaborate. Because logic is the downfall of every toddler.”
Watch the full video above.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- Death and Desperation Take Over the World's Largest Refugee Camp
- Right-Wing's New Aim: a Parallel Economy
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time