A Kansas McDonald’s worker who allegedly spiced up a police officer’s drink Friday has been fired and is now facing criminal charges.
Two officers with the Topeka Police Department said they bought a Dr. Pepper at a McDonald’s drive-thru in the city, and realized the drink tasted strange, 13 NEWS reported. They opened the drinks to find what appeared to be mustard in the cup.
Kansas Going Blue, a police support organization, posted a photo Sunday of the drink on Facebook.
The Topeka Police Department told Fox that it has decided to open a criminal investigation into the case. Tom Dobski, the franchisee owner of the McDonald’s in question, is reportedly cooperating with all queries.
Daubs issued a statement to Fox saying he was “shocked by the isolated actions of a single employee.”
- Here’s How Effective the Original Vaccines Are Against Omicron
- The Promise—And Possible Perils—of Editing What We Say Online
- How Trump Survived Decades of Legal Trouble: Deny, Deflect, Delay, and Don't Put Anything in Writing
- Flint Is Still Shaken by its Water Crisis—and Residents Are Experiencing Long-Term Mental-Health Issues
- A Beer Shortage Is Brewing. A Volcano Is Partly to Blame
- How Fasting Can—and Can't—Improve Gut Health
- Cities Keep Enforcing Curfews for Teens, Despite Evidence They Don't Stop Crime
- Joe Manchin’s Red Tape Reform Could Supercharge Renewable Energy in the U.S.
- Column: We Should Talk More About What a Brilliant Actor Marilyn Monroe Was