A Kansas McDonald’s worker who allegedly spiced up a police officer’s drink Friday has been fired and is now facing criminal charges.
Two officers with the Topeka Police Department said they bought a Dr. Pepper at a McDonald’s drive-thru in the city, and realized the drink tasted strange, 13 NEWS reported. They opened the drinks to find what appeared to be mustard in the cup.
Kansas Going Blue, a police support organization, posted a photo Sunday of the drink on Facebook.
The Topeka Police Department told Fox that it has decided to open a criminal investigation into the case. Tom Dobski, the franchisee owner of the McDonald’s in question, is reportedly cooperating with all queries.
Daubs issued a statement to Fox saying he was “shocked by the isolated actions of a single employee.”
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve