President-elect Donald Trump will launch a “thank you” tour on Thursday in Cincinnati, transition officials said, as he launches a tour to visit the areas of the country that shot him to a surprise presidential election victory,
Trump often noted the size of his rally audiences during the campaign. In the immediate aftermath of the election, he considered going on a weekend victory tour to feed off the crowd energy one more time, opted to begin putting together his government instead.
The “thank you” tour may take Trump to the swing states that voted in his favor, like Michigan, Pennsylvania and Florida, George Gigicos, Trump’s director of advance, said earlier this month.
The Cincinnati event is scheduled for 7 p.m. on Thursday at U.S. Bank Arena—the site of one of his rallies during the campaign. Further stops will be announced once venues are booked.
- AI Is Not an Arms Race
- The 30 Most Anticipated Movies of Summer 2023
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- India’s Female Wrestlers Are Saying #MeToo
- The End of Succession
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- Why Everyone Is Having Bad Sex (Especially Young People)
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction