Trevor Noah returned to The Daily Show on Monday night to offer his take on the conflicts of interest President-elect Donald Trump is facing between his sprawling business empire and his soon-to-be-new job.
“He’ll be the first Commander-in-Chief who’s doing president as his part-time job,” Noah said. Comparing the world to a Trump Monopoly game board, Noah noted how Trump’s properties and business ties across the globe have already raised questions about priorities he’ll pursue in foreign and domestic policy.
Noah also suggested that Trump’s business interests might make for a “less focused” president.
“But people who voted for Trump said they wanted someone who would run America like a business,” he said. “More and more though, it seems like Trump is running America for his business. Maybe you should put that on a hat.”
Watch the full clip above.
- Global Climate Solutions Exist. It's Time to Deploy Them
- What Happens to Diane Feinstein's Senate Seat
- Who The Golden Bachelor Leaves Out
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How Sara Reardon Became the 'Vagina Whisperer'
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Kerry Washington: The Story of My Abortion
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time