Since revealing that she had an affair with Harrison Ford while filming Star Wars: A New Hope, Carrie Fisher has been getting many questions about the three-month-long fling. And so her Tuesday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show was no different.
While DeGeneres began by asking the Princess Leia actress about her Coca-Cola drinking habits, she quickly segued into chatting about Fisher’s long-held secret. “I told other stuff to distract people so they wouldn’t figure it out,” Fisher said. “No one thought it was happening at the time – I don’t even know if he did!”
She went on to explain that although she had feelings for Ford at the time, the relationship developed out of the on-set atmosphere. “I was in infatuation, probably — love is more mature,” she said. “I was 19. No one told me about location rules, or lack of rules. But you can do whatever you want, as long as you film the movie.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up