Since revealing that she had an affair with Harrison Ford while filming Star Wars: A New Hope, Carrie Fisher has been getting many questions about the three-month-long fling. And so her Tuesday appearance on The Ellen DeGeneres Show was no different.
While DeGeneres began by asking the Princess Leia actress about her Coca-Cola drinking habits, she quickly segued into chatting about Fisher’s long-held secret. “I told other stuff to distract people so they wouldn’t figure it out,” Fisher said. “No one thought it was happening at the time – I don’t even know if he did!”
She went on to explain that although she had feelings for Ford at the time, the relationship developed out of the on-set atmosphere. “I was in infatuation, probably — love is more mature,” she said. “I was 19. No one told me about location rules, or lack of rules. But you can do whatever you want, as long as you film the movie.”
Watch the full clip below.
- Trump Indicted in Classified Docs Case
- Jason Isbell Is Finding His Purpose
- In Photos: How Wildfire Smoke Impacted Cities
- How Antitrust Laws Could Kill the PGA-LIV Golf Merger
- Why Berberine Is Not 'Nature's Ozempic'
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- The Best Shows to Stream on (HBO) Max
- 9 Ways to Combat Self-Criticism