Former Playboy playmate Dani Mathers, the model who drew criticism in July after Snapchatting a photo of a naked woman in a gym locker room, has pleaded not guilty to invasion of privacy charges.
An attorney pleaded not guilty on behalf of Mathers, 29, on Monday, after she was accused of secretly taking the photo and posting the image on her Snapchat. She captioned the photo, “If I can’t unsee this then you can’t either,” and accompanied it with a selfie showing her covering her mouth, as though to cover up a laugh or her shock.
The photo sparked outrage and accusations of body shaming.
Los Angeles police began an investigation in July after the alleged victim, who is in her 70s, came forward.
A couple months after she posted the image, Mathers tweeted, “I have taken full responsibility for the mistakes I have made & will continue to love myself & others…I wish this for the rest of you too.”
She said the photo was intended to be a private message, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief