Former Playboy playmate Dani Mathers, the model who drew criticism in July after Snapchatting a photo of a naked woman in a gym locker room, has pleaded not guilty to invasion of privacy charges.
An attorney pleaded not guilty on behalf of Mathers, 29, on Monday, after she was accused of secretly taking the photo and posting the image on her Snapchat. She captioned the photo, “If I can’t unsee this then you can’t either,” and accompanied it with a selfie showing her covering her mouth, as though to cover up a laugh or her shock.
The photo sparked outrage and accusations of body shaming.
Los Angeles police began an investigation in July after the alleged victim, who is in her 70s, came forward.
A couple months after she posted the image, Mathers tweeted, “I have taken full responsibility for the mistakes I have made & will continue to love myself & others…I wish this for the rest of you too.”
She said the photo was intended to be a private message, the Los Angeles Times reports.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Rooftop Solar Power Has a Dark Side
- How a Government Shutdown Could Affect You
- Colleges Get Creative to Boost Mental Health
- Is It Flu, COVID-19, or RSV? Navigating At-Home Tests
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time