The Pope will travel to Ireland for the World Meeting of Families scheduled for August of 2018. Kenny’s Vatican trip is seen as a bridge-building exercise after he attacked the Catholic leadership in 2011 over the child sexual abuse scandals.
Kenny was accompanied by Emma Madigan—the Irish ambassador to the Holy See—and his wife Fionnuala.
“I was happy to conform to him that Church/ State relations are in a better shape than they were for very many year,” Kenny told the Irish Independent. “That we work very well with the Bishops and the clergy, that there are so many more safeguards in place than there were before and that… I regard these relations as being at a healthier position than they were for many years.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization