Henderson played a key part during the hit show’s five seasons and several spin offs contributing an uplifting smile that appealed to audiences in search of a wholesome family. Time after time, Henderson’s iconic character Carol wound up in wacky situations with her three daughters and three stepsons, an early television representation of a blended family.
Henderson died of heart failure Thursday in Los Angeles with family at her side at Cedar Sinai Medical Center.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- The Dirty Secrets of Alternative Plastics
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- We Should Get Paid for Our Online Data: Column
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time