Henderson played a key part during the hit show’s five seasons and several spin offs contributing an uplifting smile that appealed to audiences in search of a wholesome family. Time after time, Henderson’s iconic character Carol wound up in wacky situations with her three daughters and three stepsons, an early television representation of a blended family.
Henderson died of heart failure Thursday in Los Angeles with family at her side at Cedar Sinai Medical Center.
- Amanda Gorman on the Greatest Lesson She’s Learned This Year
- What Actually Worries U.S. Doctors About Omicron
- Reuniting Families Separated Under Trump Is Expensive. Should the U.S. Government Pay?
- The 10 Best Movies of 2021
- America's Foster Care System Is a Dangerous Place for Trans Teens. Now They're Fighting for Change
- Stressed About Going Back to the Office? Here Are 8 Ways to Make It Easier
- What to Know About Digital World, the Company Funding Trump's New Social Media Platform 'TRUTH Social'