Henderson played a key part during the hit show’s five seasons and several spin offs contributing an uplifting smile that appealed to audiences in search of a wholesome family. Time after time, Henderson’s iconic character Carol wound up in wacky situations with her three daughters and three stepsons, an early television representation of a blended family.
Henderson died of heart failure Thursday in Los Angeles with family at her side at Cedar Sinai Medical Center.
- Extreme Heat Makes It Hard for Kids to Be Active. But Exercise Is Crucial In a Warming World
- Pelosi's Visit to Taiwan Has Badly Damaged U.S.-China Relations, But Not Irreversibly
- Reality TV Has Reshaped Our World, Whether We Like It or Not
- Progress Is Not A Given. It is Won: The Connection Between James Baldwin and Toni Morrison
- The Inflation Reduction Act's Name Says A Lot About The Climate Fight
- How Reservation Dogs Became More than Just Must-See Television in Its Second Season
- The U.S Will Soon Have Space Force Ambassadors Around the World