Henderson played a key part during the hit show’s five seasons and several spin offs contributing an uplifting smile that appealed to audiences in search of a wholesome family. Time after time, Henderson’s iconic character Carol wound up in wacky situations with her three daughters and three stepsons, an early television representation of a blended family.
Henderson died of heart failure Thursday in Los Angeles with family at her side at Cedar Sinai Medical Center.
- Essay: The Tyre Nichols Videos Demand Solemnity, Not Sensationalism
- For People With Disabilities, Losing Abortion Access Can Be a Matter of Life or Death
- Inside the Stealth Efforts to Smuggle Starlink Internet Into Iran
- Natasha Lyonne on Poker Face and Creating Characters Who Subvert Leading-Lady Tropes
- How to Help the Victims and Community After the Monterey Park Shooting
- Why Grocery Staples Are So Expensive Right Now
- Quantum Computers Could Solve Countless Problems—and Create a Lot of New Ones
- Where to Watch All of the 2023 Oscar Nominees
- How to Be Mindful if You Hate Meditating