Louis C.K. may have a future as a career counselor. In a recent interview on Conan, the comic explained that the he’s figured out the worst possible career choice: dance.
“Dancing is really inspiring to watch,” C.K. told Conan O’Brien and Andy Richter in a conversation on Conan. “[But] it’s a terrible life choice,” said the comic. “It’s the worst available career choice.”
As O’Brien and Richter laughed at the fervor of his career advice, C.K. tried to explain. “It’s a massive amount of dedication followed by giving up. They all have to give up. Because there are three dance jobs on the Planet Earth,” he said. In short, dance is “stupid for their lives, wonderful for ours.”
C.K. didn’t hold back on doling out career advice to other artists, either. “Don’t be a musician,” he said, before gesturing at the Conan house band: “This is not their dream, none of them.” While the band mulled over his statement, C.K. continued by noting that being in a band was still better than being a dancer.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time