Kanye West has been hospitalized hours after canceling his Saint Pablo tour Monday following a series of sensational on-stage rants, walk-offs and no-shows.
Los Angeles police responded to a medical welfare call at lunchtime on Monday. The rapper was reportedly taken to hospital and remains under observation, an unnamed source told NBC News. The move follows speculation as to the state of West’s mental health in recent days.
After playing two songs on stage in Sacramento on Saturday, the 39-year-old launched into a tirade against Hillary Clinton, Beyonce, Mark Zuckerberg, and disrupting the status quo, which ended with him walking off stage.
West also compared himself to Donald Trump, saying that he was “on my Trump sh-t tonight,” and that his current tour was “the most relevant thing happening.”
According to People, West was suffering from exhaustion and “sleep deprivation,” a source said. “He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, both on his own line and the Adidas line. He’s a notorious workaholic.”
His wife, Kim Kardashian West, was due to appear in public for the first time since being robbed in Paris by attending the Angel Ball in New York, but canceled.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms