Kanye West has been hospitalized hours after canceling his Saint Pablo tour Monday following a series of sensational on-stage rants, walk-offs and no-shows.
Los Angeles police responded to a medical welfare call at lunchtime on Monday. The rapper was reportedly taken to hospital and remains under observation, an unnamed source told NBC News. The move follows speculation as to the state of West’s mental health in recent days.
After playing two songs on stage in Sacramento on Saturday, the 39-year-old launched into a tirade against Hillary Clinton, Beyonce, Mark Zuckerberg, and disrupting the status quo, which ended with him walking off stage.
West also compared himself to Donald Trump, saying that he was “on my Trump sh-t tonight,” and that his current tour was “the most relevant thing happening.”
According to People, West was suffering from exhaustion and “sleep deprivation,” a source said. “He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, both on his own line and the Adidas line. He’s a notorious workaholic.”
His wife, Kim Kardashian West, was due to appear in public for the first time since being robbed in Paris by attending the Angel Ball in New York, but canceled.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Inside the White House Program to Share America's Secrets
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- Long COVID Doesn’t Always Look Like You Think It Does
- Column: The New Antisemitism
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org