Kanye West has been hospitalized hours after canceling his Saint Pablo tour Monday following a series of sensational on-stage rants, walk-offs and no-shows.
Los Angeles police responded to a medical welfare call at lunchtime on Monday. The rapper was reportedly taken to hospital and remains under observation, an unnamed source told NBC News. The move follows speculation as to the state of West’s mental health in recent days.
After playing two songs on stage in Sacramento on Saturday, the 39-year-old launched into a tirade against Hillary Clinton, Beyonce, Mark Zuckerberg, and disrupting the status quo, which ended with him walking off stage.
West also compared himself to Donald Trump, saying that he was “on my Trump sh-t tonight,” and that his current tour was “the most relevant thing happening.”
According to People, West was suffering from exhaustion and “sleep deprivation,” a source said. “He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, both on his own line and the Adidas line. He’s a notorious workaholic.”
His wife, Kim Kardashian West, was due to appear in public for the first time since being robbed in Paris by attending the Angel Ball in New York, but canceled.
- The Man Who Thinks He Can Live Forever
- Why We Can't Get Over the Roman Empire
- The Final Season of Netflix’s Sex Education Sends Off a Beloved Cast in Style
- How Russia Is Recruiting Cubans to Fight in Ukraine
- The Case for Mediocrity
- Paul Hollywood Answers All of Your Questions About The Great British Baking Show
- How Canada and India's Relationship Crumbled
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time