Kanye West has been hospitalized hours after canceling his Saint Pablo tour Monday following a series of sensational on-stage rants, walk-offs and no-shows.
Los Angeles police responded to a medical welfare call at lunchtime on Monday. The rapper was reportedly taken to hospital and remains under observation, an unnamed source told NBC News. The move follows speculation as to the state of West’s mental health in recent days.
After playing two songs on stage in Sacramento on Saturday, the 39-year-old launched into a tirade against Hillary Clinton, Beyonce, Mark Zuckerberg, and disrupting the status quo, which ended with him walking off stage.
West also compared himself to Donald Trump, saying that he was “on my Trump sh-t tonight,” and that his current tour was “the most relevant thing happening.”
According to People, West was suffering from exhaustion and “sleep deprivation,” a source said. “He’s been working around the clock on fashion design, both on his own line and the Adidas line. He’s a notorious workaholic.”
His wife, Kim Kardashian West, was due to appear in public for the first time since being robbed in Paris by attending the Angel Ball in New York, but canceled.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List