A Tribe Called Quest has topped the Billboard 200 for the first time in twenty years and the second time overall, thanks to their new album, We Got It From Here…Thank You 4 Your Service, which debuted at no. 1 between its release on Nov. 11 and the end of the week on Nov. 17.
The last time that A Tribe Called Quest claimed the no. 1 spot on the Billboard chart was in 1996 with their album, Beats, Rhymes and Life.
According to Billboard, the album moved 135,000 album units during its first week, an overwhelming 112,000 of which were traditional album sales; We Got It From Here is A Tribe Called Quest’s first studio album since they dropped The Love Movement in 1998. It’s also the first release since member Phife Dawg passed away in March of this year; the group says that this album is their last.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This