Gird yourself for a barrage of buzzy superlatives, because this Final Fantasy XV summary launch trailer is full of them. But it also nicely frames what Square Enix’s decade-in-development game wound up becoming on the cusp of its November 29 debut for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The “101” video covers story, setting, the troupe of protagonists you control, a bit about combat’s team synergies, the basics of drawing, crafting and combining magic, how character advancement works, a glimpse of some of the incredible-looking things you can “summon,” how navigation works (by car or ostrich-like chocobo), the game’s side quests, monster hunts, and its playable pinball-ish mini-game Justice Monsters Five.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- Why Trump's Call to Protest Is Flopping
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement