Gird yourself for a barrage of buzzy superlatives, because this Final Fantasy XV summary launch trailer is full of them. But it also nicely frames what Square Enix’s decade-in-development game wound up becoming on the cusp of its November 29 debut for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The “101” video covers story, setting, the troupe of protagonists you control, a bit about combat’s team synergies, the basics of drawing, crafting and combining magic, how character advancement works, a glimpse of some of the incredible-looking things you can “summon,” how navigation works (by car or ostrich-like chocobo), the game’s side quests, monster hunts, and its playable pinball-ish mini-game Justice Monsters Five.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022