Gird yourself for a barrage of buzzy superlatives, because this Final Fantasy XV summary launch trailer is full of them. But it also nicely frames what Square Enix’s decade-in-development game wound up becoming on the cusp of its November 29 debut for PlayStation 4 and Xbox One.
The “101” video covers story, setting, the troupe of protagonists you control, a bit about combat’s team synergies, the basics of drawing, crafting and combining magic, how character advancement works, a glimpse of some of the incredible-looking things you can “summon,” how navigation works (by car or ostrich-like chocobo), the game’s side quests, monster hunts, and its playable pinball-ish mini-game Justice Monsters Five.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow