“I love my husband, President Barack Obama, and our children, Sasha and Malia,” she joked, referencing Melania’s reported plagiarism of Michelle Obama‘s speech during the Republican National Convention this summer.
Hadid was the subject of a flurry of tweets soon after. Many Trump supporters were upset with her snarky impression of Melania.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List