A member of the white-nationalist National Policy Institute was hurt on Saturday after confronting protesters outside the site of a Washington conference hosted by the group on Saturday.
The conference, organized to celebrate Donald Trump winning the presidential election, was held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center and drew hundreds of demonstrators protesting fascism and racism.
Protesters remained peaceful until a man and woman from NPI approached them with a video camera and microphone. CNN reports that the woman, who went by “Emily,” interviewed a protester and asked him if he is a “self-hating white person.” Another protester knocked down the video camera, held by the man, and the two fought. The man left the fight with a bloody gash on his forehead.
Police handcuffed two protesters and later took the two people from NPI to an ambulance.
- Inside the Massive Effort to Change the Way Kids Are Taught to Read
- Dubai's Real Estate Market is Booming. One Company is Making It Possible to Invest From Anywhere in the World
- How to Exercise When It's Really Hot Outside
- A New Documentary Sheds Light on a Pivotal Movement in Asian American History
- Far From Home: Afghan Women are Attempting to Build New Lives Abroad
- What Experts Say About How Valuable The Inflation Reduction Act's Green Subsidies Will Be
- What to Know About Long COVID in Kids
- Want to Do More Good? This Movement Might Have the Answer