A member of the white-nationalist National Policy Institute was hurt on Saturday after confronting protesters outside the site of a Washington conference hosted by the group on Saturday.
The conference, organized to celebrate Donald Trump winning the presidential election, was held at the Ronald Reagan Building and International Trade Center and drew hundreds of demonstrators protesting fascism and racism.
Protesters remained peaceful until a man and woman from NPI approached them with a video camera and microphone. CNN reports that the woman, who went by “Emily,” interviewed a protester and asked him if he is a “self-hating white person.” Another protester knocked down the video camera, held by the man, and the two fought. The man left the fight with a bloody gash on his forehead.
Police handcuffed two protesters and later took the two people from NPI to an ambulance.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement