Kanye West ended his Saint Pablo tour stop in Sacramento after just 30 minutes on Saturday night, walking off the stage following a long rant.
West started the show 90 minutes late and only performed two songs before embarking on a tirade against everything from Beyoncé to Hillary Clinton. He first went in on radio playlists including too much Drake and DJ Khaled before complaining about the 2016 MTV Video Music Awards, where Beyoncé performed tracks from Lemonade.
“Beyoncé, I was hurt because I heard that you said you wouldn’t perform unless you won Video of the Year over me and over ‘Hotline Bling,'” he said. “Now don’t go dissing Beyoncé, she’s great. Taylor Swift is great. We are all great people. We are all equal. But sometimes we be playing the politics too much and forget who we are just to win. F-k winning, f-k looking cool. F-k looking cool. F-k being cool.”
West, who voiced his support for Donald Trump on Thursday, saying he didn’t vote, but would have voted for Trump, talked politics again in Sacramento to attack Hillary Clinton.
“This ‘Saint Pablo’ tour is the most relevant [thing] happening,” he said. “If your old ass keeps following old modes, your ass is going to get Hillary Clintoned. You might not like it, but you need to hear it.”
Toward the end of his rant, as the crowd booed, West asked a stage manager to dock the floating stage from which he delivered his address and ended the show. The abrupt end disappointed many of his fans, some of whom spent hundreds of dollars to attend.
“I spent $250,” Christian Krebs told the Sacramento Bee. “I might be a fan of his music, but I’m not a fan of his character.”
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- Here Are All the Movies and TV Shows That Make Up the New DCU
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year
- Brazil Wants to Abandon a 34,000-Ton Ship at Sea. It Would be an Environmental Disaster
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in January 2023