Jovan Wilson, the 15-year-old grandson of U.S. Rep. Danny Davis, was shot and killed in his Chicago home Friday night in an incident police described as “egregious and senseless.”
A 15-year-old boy and 17-year-old girl entered Jovan’s home and began arguing with him, before the boy pulled out a gun and shot Jovan in the head, the Chicago Tribune reported, citing police and Davis.
“It was unbelievable, unbelievable,” Davis said, according to Tribune
Jovan’s uncle and three siblings were also home at the time.
“There was a history between the young people involved and it was a dispute over gym shoes. This was not random but was egregious and senseless to use a gun over a fight for clothes,” said Anthony Guglielmi, spokesman for the Chicago Police Department, according to the Tribune.
As of Saturday, the suspects were still at large.
“I do know that I grieve for my family,” Davis said at a news conference Friday. “I grieve for the young man who pulled the trigger. I grieve for his family, his parents, his friends, some of whom will never see him again.”
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization