A Massachusetts man was recently convicted of malicious destruction of property after he attempted to burn down his ex-girlfriend’s home while she was still in it, using the bizarre combination of Cheetos and a propane tank.
According to the Taunton Gazette, an investigation revealed that Shemroy Williams tried to light his ex-girlfriend’s home on fire in five different locations and even wedged a propane tank next to the house while there was a fire burning on the back porch.
Reportedly, police located him roughly 100 yards from the home with two lighters in his pocket and an empty bag of Cheetos; according to investigators, Williams had attempted to accelerate the fire with Cheetos. It all seems like a terrible use of cheesy goodness — although it does give a whole new meaning to Flaming Hot Cheetos.
Williams was sentenced to serve two and half years in jail for his actions.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022