A Massachusetts man was recently convicted of malicious destruction of property after he attempted to burn down his ex-girlfriend’s home while she was still in it, using the bizarre combination of Cheetos and a propane tank.
According to the Taunton Gazette, an investigation revealed that Shemroy Williams tried to light his ex-girlfriend’s home on fire in five different locations and even wedged a propane tank next to the house while there was a fire burning on the back porch.
Reportedly, police located him roughly 100 yards from the home with two lighters in his pocket and an empty bag of Cheetos; according to investigators, Williams had attempted to accelerate the fire with Cheetos. It all seems like a terrible use of cheesy goodness — although it does give a whole new meaning to Flaming Hot Cheetos.
Williams was sentenced to serve two and half years in jail for his actions.
- The Inside Story of Princeton's Cinderella Run at March Madness
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- It's Time to Say a Loving Goodbye to John Wick
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement