Noted basketball enthusiast and sometimes bandwagon fan Drake took full advantage of “Drake Night” where his beloved Toronto Raptors took on the Golden State Warriors — to ask out ESPN sideline reporter Doris Burke during the game.
The Canadian rapper, a global ambassador for the Raptors, made his intentions known early during the evening by sporting a customized sweatshirt with Burke’s face printed on it and the declaration, “Woman Crush Everyday.”
Later during a court side interview with ESPN’s Israel Gutierrez, he expressed admiration for Burke, calling her his “inspiration” and layering on praise.
“I think she’s a stunning woman, incredible at what she does,” he said. “I wish she was here tonight.”
Drake ended the interview by extending an invitation for a dinner date with Burke with an interesting caveat.
“Dinner at my house anytime, as long as she comes alone,” he said.
Lucky for Drizzy, however, Burke was open to the idea and sent her reply via Twitter.
- From Jan. 6 to Tyre Nichols, American Life Is Still Defined by Caste
- As People Return to Offices, It’s Back to Miserable for America’s Working Moms
- The Real Reason Florida Wants to Ban AP African-American Studies, According to an Architect of the Course
- Column: Tyre Nichols' Killing Is The Result of a Diseased Culture
- Without Evusheld, Immunocompromised People Are on Their Own Against COVID-19
- TikTok's 'De-Influencing' Trend Is Here to Tell You What Stuff You Don't Need to Buy
- Column: America Goes About Juvenile Crime Sentencing All Wrong
- Why Your Tax Refund May Be Lower This Year