There are some pretty strange Guinness World Records out there, but this one might take the cake — or biscuit.
Simon Berry, a 24-year-old from Great Britain, became a Guinness World Record holder on Thursday when he completed the highest bungee dunk ever.
To complete the task, Berry grabbed a chocolate Hobnob biscuit and threw himself off a platform more than 240 feet off the ground. As his bungee cord fully extended, the thrill-seeker dunked his biscuit into a Union flag-emblazoned mug of tea.
A camera strapped to Berry’s head offered viewers an up-close and personal look at his journey to World Record fame. “Going down having to nail that cup of tea was tricky,” Berry said. “Just that feeling in me chest and seeing everyone’s smiles, it was fantastic.”
Guinness World Records officials were present for the stunt and announced it was a success, inducting Berry into the special club. And Berry was not the only new Guinness World Record holder this week. As the 12th annual Guinness World Records Day was celebrated around the world on Thursday, more than 600,000 people attempted to break records, according to the Guinness World Records blog.
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now