Post-election, the president-elect has taken to Twitter to criticize the New York Times and protests against him, as well as to honor veterans, thank voters, and suggest that a different strategy would have won him the popular vote. Trump also praised the Electoral College as “actually genius,” after calling it a “disaster for democracy,” back in 2012.
“For the president-elect to be tweeting at all is just weird,” Colbert said. He then played a clip of Republican Rep. Chris Collins giving Trump his blessing to tweet to relax, given the responsibilities he is now shouldering. “I would have to say if this is his way of relaxing, god bless him,” Collins said.
“I’m going to call bullsh– on this,” Colbert said. “Twitter isn’t Trump’s entertainment, it’s his way around the press.”
Watch Colbert tackle Trump’s prolific Twitter use in the full clip below.
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Why It’s OK to Say No to That Party You’re Dreading
- COP28 Is a Business Bonanza. Should It Be?
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- Column: When India Was a Human Rights Leader
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time