Stephen Colbert went off on Donald Trump’s tweets during Wednesday’s episode of The Late Show.
Post-election, the president-elect has taken to Twitter to criticize the New York Times and protests against him, as well as to honor veterans, thank voters, and suggest that a different strategy would have won him the popular vote. Trump also praised the Electoral College as “actually genius,” after calling it a “disaster for democracy,” back in 2012.
“For the president-elect to be tweeting at all is just weird,” Colbert said. He then played a clip of Republican Rep. Chris Collins giving Trump his blessing to tweet to relax, given the responsibilities he is now shouldering. “I would have to say if this is his way of relaxing, god bless him,” Collins said.
“I’m going to call bullsh– on this,” Colbert said. “Twitter isn’t Trump’s entertainment, it’s his way around the press.”
Watch Colbert tackle Trump’s prolific Twitter use in the full clip below.
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- The World's Greatest Places of 2023
- Exclusive: Effective Altruist Leaders Were Repeatedly Warned About Sam Bankman-Fried Years Before FTX Collapsed
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Gaslighting, Narcissist, and More Psychology Terms You're Misusing
- In This Texas County, There's No Such Thing as Moving on From COVID-19
- In Defense of Nora Ephron's Unfairly Panned Heartburn Movie
- Want Today's Top Headlines in Your Inbox? Sign Up for The Brief