Post-election, the president-elect has taken to Twitter to criticize the New York Times and protests against him, as well as to honor veterans, thank voters, and suggest that a different strategy would have won him the popular vote. Trump also praised the Electoral College as “actually genius,” after calling it a “disaster for democracy,” back in 2012.
“For the president-elect to be tweeting at all is just weird,” Colbert said. He then played a clip of Republican Rep. Chris Collins giving Trump his blessing to tweet to relax, given the responsibilities he is now shouldering. “I would have to say if this is his way of relaxing, god bless him,” Collins said.
“I’m going to call bullsh– on this,” Colbert said. “Twitter isn’t Trump’s entertainment, it’s his way around the press.”
Watch Colbert tackle Trump’s prolific Twitter use in the full clip below.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022