An Irish family is lauding a heroic cockapoo known as Teddy for his swift actions that saved their young son from a terrible fate.
Five-year old Riley Gedge-Duffy, who has Down syndrome, apparently climbed into a clothes dryer and got trapped inside when the dryer started spinning. According to the Irish News, the family dog immediately knew that something was wrong and cleverly alerted the boy’s mother to the danger.
“The dog was barking like mad and running backwards and forwards to the tumble dryer,” said the boy’s father, Aaron Duffy to the News. “Because it was so dark inside, she could not see where Riley was.” As Teddy continued to bark, she opened the dryer and found the boy. She pulled him out the of dryer, poured cold water on him to soothe the burns he had received, and took him to the hospital, where he was treated for burns and bruising to his head.
“It doesn’t bear thinking about what might have happened if the dog had not been there,” Duffy told the News. Surely Teddy will get extra tummy rubs and biscuits for his good deed.
[H/T Fox 8]
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now