When Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo told catcher David Ross he was in a “glass case of emotion” during Game 7 of the World Series, he likely echoed the feelings of every Chicago fan in the world that night. At the time, the team’s 108-year-long championship drought was no joking matter. But now that it has officially ended, who better to poke fun at the situation than the originator of that saying himself, Will Ferrell’s Ron Burgundy.
In a new mashup from Funny or Die, scenes from both Anchorman and Anchorman 2 are juxtaposed with big plays from the Cubs’ historic win, resulting in a hilarious reaction video. “What is this amateur hour!?,” Burgundy shouts following a clip of Cleveland’s Rajai Davis hitting his game-tying home run in the eighth inning.
(Gifts: The 100 Most Influential Images of All Time)
Watch the full video below.
- Here's What's in the Debt Ceiling Deal
- How Worried Should the World Be of China's New COVID Wave?
- Succession Was a Race to the Bottom, And Everybody Won
- What Erdoğan’s Victory Means for Turkey—and the World
- The Ancient Roots of Psychotherapy
- How Drag Culture Inspired Ursula
- Drought Crisis Spurs U.S.-Mexico Collaboration
- Florence Pugh Might Just Save the Movie Star From Extinction