When Cubs first baseman Anthony Rizzo told catcher David Ross he was in a “glass case of emotion” during Game 7 of the World Series, he likely echoed the feelings of every Chicago fan in the world that night. At the time, the team’s 108-year-long championship drought was no joking matter. But now that it has officially ended, who better to poke fun at the situation than the originator of that saying himself, Will Ferrell’s Ron Burgundy.
In a new mashup from Funny or Die, scenes from both Anchorman and Anchorman 2 are juxtaposed with big plays from the Cubs’ historic win, resulting in a hilarious reaction video. “What is this amateur hour!?,” Burgundy shouts following a clip of Cleveland’s Rajai Davis hitting his game-tying home run in the eighth inning.
Watch the full video below.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List