Transgender models have been making waves in the fashion industry as of late, and Benjamin Melzer and Loiza Lamers are no exception. Now, the models are collaborating with the jean brand Diesel and German clothing line About You, according to Mic.
Both Melzer and Lamers have already received their fair share of accolades in the fashion world. Melzer was the first transgender male to appear on the cover of Germany’s Men’s Health and Lamers won Holland’s Next Top Model, becoming the first transgender model to do so.
In an interview with Mic, Melzer said he and Lamers were already working together to “raise awareness to create more opportunities for transgender models in collaborations for major brands.” Diesel heard about their idea and “loved it,” said Melzer. A Diesel spokesperson said both Melzer and Lamers “perfectly support the brand’s attitude: free-spirited, against all odds and fresh young minds.”
Melzer and Lamers hope their work with Diesel will inspire other transgender models. Melzer emphasized: “It’s so important right now that we continue to strive and work hard to break through that glass ceiling so transgender men and women are not seen as a fad or hype.” Lamers echoed similar sentiments. She hopes that when people see their collaboration they will see “two hard-working models.”
Watch their new video for Diesel and About You below.
- Zero-COVID Protests in China Have Rattled Global Markets
- Column: Diversity Initiatives Are Failing the U.S. Muslim Community
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022