Metallica only toned it down a little when they rocked out playing classroom instruments with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots.
The heavy metal band played the 1991 hit “Enter Sandman” on the Tonight Show Wednesday night. Instead of electric instruments, James Hetfield played a toy clarinet, Kirk Hammett played the Melodica, Robert Trujillo had a baby electric axe and Lars Ulrich was on the Fisher Price Drum (and toy cymbals).
Watch the video above to see how the new rendition came together. Metallica was on the Tonight Show ahead of their new album release on Friday for Hardwired…To Self-Destruct.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve