Metallica only toned it down a little when they rocked out playing classroom instruments with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots.
The heavy metal band played the 1991 hit “Enter Sandman” on the Tonight Show Wednesday night. Instead of electric instruments, James Hetfield played a toy clarinet, Kirk Hammett played the Melodica, Robert Trujillo had a baby electric axe and Lars Ulrich was on the Fisher Price Drum (and toy cymbals).
Watch the video above to see how the new rendition came together. Metallica was on the Tonight Show ahead of their new album release on Friday for Hardwired…To Self-Destruct.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How Safe Is India's Railway Network?
- The 'Dopamine Detox' Is Having a Moment
- Column: How the World Must Respond to AI
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- LGBTQ Reality TV Takes on a Painful Moment
- What NASA Can Teach SpaceX About Protecting the Environment
- The Best Movies of 2023 So Far