Metallica only toned it down a little when they rocked out playing classroom instruments with Jimmy Fallon and The Roots.
The heavy metal band played the 1991 hit “Enter Sandman” on the Tonight Show Wednesday night. Instead of electric instruments, James Hetfield played a toy clarinet, Kirk Hammett played the Melodica, Robert Trujillo had a baby electric axe and Lars Ulrich was on the Fisher Price Drum (and toy cymbals).
Watch the video above to see how the new rendition came together. Metallica was on the Tonight Show ahead of their new album release on Friday for Hardwired…To Self-Destruct.
- Volodymyr Zelensky and the Spirit of Ukraine: TIME's 2022 Person of the Year
- Mickey Guyton Is TIME's 2022 Breakthrough Artist of the Year
- The 10 Best Nonfiction Books of 2022
- Column: What Elon Musk Gets Wrong About Free Speech
- The Forgotten Story of One of the First U.S. Soldiers Killed Overseas After Pearl Harbor
- Why You're More Likely to Get Sick in the Winter, According to New Research
- Column: What the Protests Tell Us About China's Future
- 18 Last-Minute Gifts for Everyone on Your List