Pharrell dropped a feel-good, uptempo track titled “Crave” and the funky new song features plenty of hand clapping, guitar riffs, and sultry horns alongside the singer’s elastic vocals.
“Crave” is a single off the soundtrack for the upcoming film Hidden Figures, a drama based on the true story of black mathematicians Katherine Johnson (Taraji P. Henson), Dorothy Vaughan (Octavia Spencer), and Mary Jackson (Janelle Monáe) who were integral but unrecognized figures in the early stages of NASA, eventually helping send John Glenn to space.
The song is just one of eight songs that Pharrell, also a producer on the film, has contributed to the project, which holds a special place in his heart, as he relayed during a Facebook Q&A during the Toronto International Film Festival earlier.
“I want all the young girls regardless to what color you are, I want you to see this film and recognize that not only can you do it, but it’s actually already been done,” he said.
Listen to “Crave” below and watch the official trailer for Hidden Figures above.
- What Wildfire Smoke Does to the Human Body
- Prince Harry Breaks Royal Convention to Testify in Court
- Teens Are Taking Wegovy for Weight Loss
- Elliot Page: Embracing My Trans Identity Saved Me
- How a Texas High Jumper Has Earned Nearly $1 Million
- What the Debt Ceiling Deal Means for Student Loan Borrowers
- How Past Lives Combines Memoir and Artistry
- 7 Ways to Get Better at Small Talk