It appears that the Mannequin Challenge has gone truly transatlantic, as the English soccer team celebrated a goal against Spain on Tuesday night with their own take on the viral trend.
In the friendly match against Spain at London’s Wembley Stadium, Leicester City’s Jamie Vardy scored a goal putting England in the lead at 2-0. Instantly after the goal, he froze in the style of the trend that has hit social media in the U.S., and was joined by teammates Theo Walcott and Raheem Sterling in celebratory poses.
However, the England side’s celebrations were perhaps a little premature, as the match ended on a 2-2 tie. Spain later responded with their own version of the Challenge in their changing room, featuring two players declaring the words ‘Viva España’ and the rest of the team frozen in various hilarious poses.
More Must-Read Stories From TIME
- How an Online Pharmacy Sold Millions Worth Of Dubious COVID-19 Drugs — While Patients Paid the Price
- Why Literally Millions of Americans Are Quitting Their Jobs
- Meet the Women Participating in the Study That Could Change Future of Breast Cancer
- Inside the Battle for the Hearts and Minds of Tomorrow's Business Leaders
- An Innovative Washington Law Aims to Get Foreign-Trained Doctors Back in Hospitals
- Why the Ex-Husband of a Missing Chinese Billionaire Is Risking All to Tell Their Story
- Timothée Chalamet Wants You to Wear Your Heart on Your Sleeve