Anna Maranta, who runs a Jewish prayer center and takes care of children in her home during the day, filed a report with the Ottawa police, the CBC reports.
Maranta sees Donald Trump’s election as a potential factor in the crime. “My first thought is that this is an example of what happens when you allow somebody who is in a position of power to speak openly racist, bigoted, misogynistic language,” she said. “It allows other people to express their feelings, to express their hatred, and to feel like they’ve been given permission to do so because no one has effectively silenced that.”
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022