Just because one Obama is preparing to vacate the Oval Office that doesn’t mean everyone in his family has to follow suit. Following Hillary Clinton’s loss to Donald Trump last Tuesday, many Americans turned to Twitter to voice their support for Michelle Obama, where a hashtag trend #Michelle2020 quickly popped up.
The social media plea went from virtual to reality at a White House ceremony on Monday when she addressed veteran homelessness, according to Harper’s Bazaar. As she began her speech, someone in the audience yelled, “Run for president!” The First Lady elegantly chuckled and replied, “Be quiet back there.”
Support for her hypothetical future campaign grew stronger as she rallied for Hillary Clinton around the country. Her riveting speech in New Hampshire where she criticized Donald Trump and his comments about women riled up supporters. If Hillary Clinton can go from FLOTUS to hopeful-POTUS, why not Obama? She has a few years to change her mind, and we’re keeping our fingers crossed.
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Contact us at email@example.com