Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for the seventh season of Game of Thrones.
The season 6 finale of Game of Thrones saw Arya Stark cross another name off her infamous kill list, as she slit the throat of Walder Frey to avenge the deaths of her mother and brother Robb at the Red Wedding. However, the young assassin doesn’t look like she intends to stop her killing spree anytime soon, leaving many fans to wonder who will become her next victim.
While it’s unclear as of now where Arya will go after leaving the Twins, she does seem destined to collide with one character in particular: Melisandre. And conveniently, the Red Woman is also one of the few remaining people on her list.
Viewers last saw Melisandre riding away from Winterfell after being banished from the North by Jon Snow, meaning there’s a distinct possibility her path will cross with Arya’s in the Riverlands. Referencing the season 3 scene when the pair first met, one Reddit user posits that Melisandre’s foreboding introduction to Arya means she knew this would eventually happen all along. “I see a darkness in you,” she says. “And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. We will meet again.”
GifHorsesMouth theorizes that while the green eyes may belong to Cersei Lannister, the blue eyes Melisandre mentions are none other than her own: “In this moment, I think Mel sees her death at the hands of Arya. A real test of faith, for Mel, as she gives into the Lord of Light’s plan, instead of trying to save herself.”
See the full theory below.
- 2022 Time100 NEXT: TIME’s List Of Emerging Leaders Who Are Shaping the Future
- Industrial Farming Causes Climate Change. The ‘Slow Food’ Movement Wants to Stop It
- What Reading 220 History Textbooks Taught One Scholar About Racism in America
- Artist Oliver Jeffers Wants to Paint the World Out of a Corner
- A Vibrant North Korean Community in London Finds Its Days Are Numbered
- COVID-19 Vaccines Can Make Periods Longer, Study Says
- Column: What Happened When My Entire Family Came Out
- How DeSantis Handles Hurricane Ian Will Shape His Political Future
- 6 Groups Making Mental Health Care More Accessible to People of Color