Warning: This post contains potential spoilers for the seventh season of Game of Thrones.
The season 6 finale of Game of Thrones saw Arya Stark cross another name off her infamous kill list, as she slit the throat of Walder Frey to avenge the deaths of her mother and brother Robb at the Red Wedding. However, the young assassin doesn’t look like she intends to stop her killing spree anytime soon, leaving many fans to wonder who will become her next victim.
While it’s unclear as of now where Arya will go after leaving the Twins, she does seem destined to collide with one character in particular: Melisandre. And conveniently, the Red Woman is also one of the few remaining people on her list.
Viewers last saw Melisandre riding away from Winterfell after being banished from the North by Jon Snow, meaning there’s a distinct possibility her path will cross with Arya’s in the Riverlands. Referencing the season 3 scene when the pair first met, one Reddit user posits that Melisandre’s foreboding introduction to Arya means she knew this would eventually happen all along. “I see a darkness in you,” she says. “And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you’ll shut forever. We will meet again.”
GifHorsesMouth theorizes that while the green eyes may belong to Cersei Lannister, the blue eyes Melisandre mentions are none other than her own: “In this moment, I think Mel sees her death at the hands of Arya. A real test of faith, for Mel, as she gives into the Lord of Light’s plan, instead of trying to save herself.”
See the full theory below.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This