Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them doesn’t hit theaters until Nov. 18, but rumors about the next installment of the Harry Potter prequel franchise are already circulating. Luckily, J.K. Rowling is here to set the record straight.
After fan site SnitchSeeker.com reported Sunday that the upcoming sequel would be set days after the events of the first film, the screenwriter took to Twitter to debunk this information. “This isn’t correct, I’m afraid!,” she wrote. “The sequel doesn’t begin days after first movie ends”
However, she did confirm a different bit of information that has been floating around, verifying that (at least part of) the sequel takes place in Paris.
- How an Alleged Spy Balloon Derailed an Important U.S.-China Meeting
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- Column: Elon Musk Should Not Be in Charge of the Night Sky
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart
- 80 for Brady May Not Be a Masterpiece. But the World Needs More Movies Like This