Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them doesn’t hit theaters until Nov. 18, but rumors about the next installment of the Harry Potter prequel franchise are already circulating. Luckily, J.K. Rowling is here to set the record straight.
After fan site SnitchSeeker.com reported Sunday that the upcoming sequel would be set days after the events of the first film, the screenwriter took to Twitter to debunk this information. “This isn’t correct, I’m afraid!,” she wrote. “The sequel doesn’t begin days after first movie ends”
However, she did confirm a different bit of information that has been floating around, verifying that (at least part of) the sequel takes place in Paris.
- TIME's 100 Most Influential People of 2022
- Employers Take Note: Young Workers Are Seeking Jobs with a Higher Purpose
- Signs Are Pointing to a Slowdown in the Housing Market—At Last
- Welcome to the Era of Unapologetic Bad Taste
- As the Virus Evolves, COVID-19 Reinfections Are Going to Keep Happening
- A New York Mosque Becomes a Refuge for Afghan Teens Who Fled Without Their Families
- High Gas Prices are Oil Companies' Fault says Ro Khanna, and Democrats Should Go After Them
- Two Million Cases: COVID-19 May Finally Force North Korea to Open Up