In character as Hillary Clinton for the first time since Election Day, Kate McKinnon performed “Hallelujah” during Saturday Night Live’s cold open this week, a surprising departure from the show’s typical humor about the presidential race.
Seated at a piano, McKinnon, who has portrayed Clinton throughout the presidential campaign, sang lyrics that included:
“I’m not giving up,” McKinnon said in character after the song, “and neither should you.”
Watch the clip above.
- The Fight to Save the Salmon
- Inside the World of Black Bitcoin, Where Crypto Is About Making More Than Just Money
- The 'Great Resignation' Is Finally Getting Companies to Take Burnout Seriously. Is It Enough?
- Suddenly, Everyone on TV Is Very Rich or Very Poor. What Happened?
- Colin Powell Reflects on His Mistakes in Unpublished TIME Interview
- Business Travel's Demise Could Have Far-Reaching Consequences
- If the U.S. Spends Big on Climate, the Rest of the World Might Follow