Dave Chappelle hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, making his debut on the late-night comedy show with a powerful stand-up comedy routine.
In his opening monologue on Saturday, Chappelle joked about the results of the presidential election and the protests that have broken out in its wake.
“I didn’t know Donald Trump was gonna win the election. I did suspect it. Seemed like Hillary was doing well in the polls and yet, I know the whites. You guys aren’t as full of surprises as you used to be,” he said.
“America’s done it, we’ve actually elected an internet troll as our president,” he later added.
Watch Chappelle’s monologue above.
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- Inside Frances Haugen's Decision to Take on Facebook
- Why We Should Stop Freaking Out About Inflation
- Austria's Plan to Make COVID-19 Vaccines Compulsory Is Dividing Citizens — and Experts
- Inside the 80-Year Quest to Name Pearl Harbor's Unknown Victims
- Buying a House Feels Impossible These Days. Here Are 6 Innovative Paths to Homeownership
- 'They're Very Close.' U.S. General Says Iran Is Nearly Able to Build a Nuclear Weapon
- A Charter School's Racial Controversy Reveals the Real Battle For America's Classrooms