Dave Chappelle hosted Saturday Night Live this weekend, making his debut on the late-night comedy show with a powerful stand-up comedy routine.
In his opening monologue on Saturday, Chappelle joked about the results of the presidential election and the protests that have broken out in its wake.
“I didn’t know Donald Trump was gonna win the election. I did suspect it. Seemed like Hillary was doing well in the polls and yet, I know the whites. You guys aren’t as full of surprises as you used to be,” he said.
“America’s done it, we’ve actually elected an internet troll as our president,” he later added.
Watch Chappelle’s monologue above.
- The Fall of Roe and the Failure of the Feminist Industrial Complex
- What Trump Knew About January 6
- Follow the Algae Brick Road to Plant-Based Buildings
- The Education of Glenn Youngkin
- The Benefits and Challenges of Cutting Back on Meat
- Here's Everything New on Netflix in July 2022—and What's Leaving
- Women in Northern Ireland Still Struggle to Access Abortion More Than 2 Years After Decriminalization