In her new movie Arrival, Amy Adams plays a communication specialist translating messages from possible alien lifeforms, so it was only fitting that when she stopped by The Tonight Show on Thursday she had to try to interpret a mysterious transmission.
Jimmy Fallon challenged Adams to a round of his game the Whisper Challenge. Adams was asked to put on headphones blasting music while Fallon sang a song. Her job was to figure out what song lyrics he was singing by reading his lips.
As Fallon sang the words to Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”, Adams guessed, “Something… for fashion?” Fallon proved to be just as awful at the game. When Adams sang the Bangles’ “Walk like an Egyptian”, Fallon guessed: “Rolling like a chick machine?”
Hopefully Adams’s character in Arrivalis ideally more skillful when it comes to interpreting muddled communications.
Watch the full clip above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time