In her new movie Arrival, Amy Adams plays a communication specialist translating messages from possible alien lifeforms, so it was only fitting that when she stopped by The Tonight Show on Thursday she had to try to interpret a mysterious transmission.
Jimmy Fallon challenged Adams to a round of his game the Whisper Challenge. Adams was asked to put on headphones blasting music while Fallon sang a song. Her job was to figure out what song lyrics he was singing by reading his lips.
As Fallon sang the words to Survivor’s “Eye of the Tiger”, Adams guessed, “Something… for fashion?” Fallon proved to be just as awful at the game. When Adams sang the Bangles’ “Walk like an Egyptian”, Fallon guessed: “Rolling like a chick machine?”
Hopefully Adams’s character in Arrivalis ideally more skillful when it comes to interpreting muddled communications.
Watch the full clip above.
- What We Know So Far About the Deadly Earthquakes in Turkey and Syria
- Beyoncé's Album of the Year Snub Fits Into the Grammys' Long History of Overlooking Black Women
- How the U.S. Shot Down the Alleged Chinese Spy Balloon
- Effective Altruism Has a Toxic Culture of Sexual Harassment and Abuse, Women Say
- Inside Bolsonaro's Surreal New Life as a Florida Man—and MAGA Darling
- 'Return to Office' Plans Spell Trouble for Working Moms
- 8 Ways to Read More Books—and Why You Should
- Why Aren't Movies Sexy Anymore?
- How Logan Paul's Crypto Empire Fell Apart