After famously walking away from his hugely successful sketch comedy series Chappelle’s Show in the middle of its third season, Dave Chappelle joked to David Letterman in 2014 that he didn’t quit, he was just “seven years late for work.”
Luckily, it seems the 43-year-old actor is planning to be more punctual for his upcoming hosting gig on Saturday Night Live. In a promo released Thursday for this week’s episode, Chappelle pals around with musical guest A Tribe Called Quest before the band thinks to ask him if he’s actually going to show up. “Yeah, we’ll see,” he responds.
Watch the full clip above.
- What a Photographer Saw in the West Bank
- Accenture’s Chief AI Officer on Why This Is a Defining Moment
- Inside COP28's Big 'Experiment'
- U.S. Doctors Can't Be Silent About Gaza: Column
- The Movie Wives Would Like a Word
- The 100 Must-Read Books of 2023
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time