British department store John Lewis is famed for its Christmas adverts, and 2016’s version carries on the retailer’s tradition of heart-warming tales.
The two-minute-long commercial introduces us to “a little girl called Bridget, who loves to bounce”, and her dog, Buster the Boxer. As Bridget’s dad carefully builds a trampoline in the family’s garden on a snowy evening, Buster looks longingly out of the window, wishing he too could bounce on the Christmas present intended for Bridget. Eventually, he grabs his chance.
Although the TV advert sets the festive mood, some commentators have noted that it’s more humorous than previous tear-jerking campaigns from the store, with one writer even likening the storyline to the U.S. presidential election.
- For Both Donald Trump and Alvin Bragg, the Central Park Jogger Case Was a Turning Point
- If Donald Trump Is Indicted, Here's What Would Happen Next in the Process
- Alison Roman Won't Sugarcoat It
- Why Not All Observant Muslims Fast During Ramadan
- All of the Other Major Investigations Into Donald Trump
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now
- The Case for Betting on Succession's Tom Wambsgans
- Postmaster General Louis DeJoy's Surprising Second Act
- Column: Ozempic Exposed the Cracks in the Body Positivity Movement