The host of NBC’s Late Night added to his repertoire of Donald Trump tirades Wednesday night with a biting take on the President-elect’s victory at the polls.
He began by going straight for the proverbial jugular. “Well that was a real grab in the p-ssy, and I’m sorry to use foul language like that, but last I checked, the Electoral College seems to be fine with it.”
Meyers has been one of Trump’s more vocal critics among late-night TV’s satirical news-and-current-affairs commentary. Addressing his dashed hopes for a first female POTUS, he looked to the future. “That does mean that someone’s daughter is out there, right now, who will one day have that title,” he said.
“Maybe you’re a woman who’s currently a Senator. Maybe you’re still in college. Hopefully you’re not a toddler, but who knows, with the way things went last night, who knows.”
- Inside Mississippi's Last Abortion Clinic—and the Biggest Fight for Abortion Rights in a Generation
- Do Current COVID-19 Tests Still Detect Omicron?
- The First U.S. Offshore Wind Farm Could Be a Lifeline for Struggling New England Cities
- Welcome to TV's Era of Peak Redundancy
- The Key Role a Local Newspaper Played in the Trial Over Ahmaud Arbery's Murder
- TIME's Top 100 Photos of 2021
- 2021: The Year the Grift Kept Giving