Racist graffiti referencing Donald Trump and Nazi Germany appeared on a storefront window in Philadelphia following the contentious presidential election on Wednesday.
The vandalism, which included a spray-painted swastika, the Nazi salute ‘seig heil,’ and the word “Trump” with the T replaced by an additional swastika, came on the 78th anniversary of Kristallnacht, the “Night of Broken Glass” attacks on Jews in Germany in 1938.
Other reports of graffiti in South Philadelphia emerged on Wednesday, including spray pain on a car that said, “Trump Black Bitch,” the Philadelphia Inquirer reported.
Philadelphia Mayor Jim Kenney said in a statement that the acts “must be condemned in the strongest possible terms.”
“As I said in my statement to residents today, in the wake of the election, Philadelphians must work tirelessly to bridge the divides that have plagued this nation for decades,” he said. “I know that many residents are planning to take part in vigils and rallies tonight and in the days ahead, and I urge you to gather respectfully and peacefully.”
- Donald Trump Was Just Indicted. Here's What to Know About the Charges and the Case
- What Could Happen Next for Donald Trump
- Trump's Indictment Drama Showcased His Rivals' Weakness
- Inside Ukraine's Push to Try Putin For War Crimes
- Bad Bunny's Next Move
- Elon Musk Signs Open Letter Urging AI Labs to Pump the Brakes
- Eliezer Yudkowsky: Pausing AI Developments Isn't Enough. We Need to Shut it All Down
- 'How Is This Still Happening?' A Survivor Questions America's Gun Violence Problem
- Cheryl Strayed Will Always Be Here for You
- Who Should Be on the 2023 TIME100? Vote Now