The cover photo, shot by TIME’s Chelsea Matiash in the early hours of Nov. 9 just a few minutes after Hillary Clinton’s concession call, shows Trump addressing his supporters and the nation. Looking to his left at his teleprompter with Vice President-elect Mike Pence at his side, Trump called for Americans of all political allegiances to unite behind him.
The picture captures the energy of the supporters who propelled Trump to a historic victory.
- Exclusive: The Making of the U.S. Military's New Stealth Bomber
- Your Next House Could Be Made on an Assembly Line
- The Legal Implications of the Debate Over Whether 'Extreme Racism' Is a Mental Illness
- Why European Countries Are Giving Teens Free Money To Spend on Books, Music, and Theater
- Republican Skepticism of Trump Has Never Been Higher
- Column: The U.S. Prison System Doesn't Value True Justice
- How Green Is the Qatar World Cup’s Outdoor AC?
- 16 Funny and Whimsical White Elephant Gifts Under $25
- The 5 Best New TV Shows Our Critic Watched in November 2022