The cover photo, shot by TIME’s Chelsea Matiash in the early hours of Nov. 9 just a few minutes after Hillary Clinton’s concession call, shows Trump addressing his supporters and the nation. Looking to his left at his teleprompter with Vice President-elect Mike Pence at his side, Trump called for Americans of all political allegiances to unite behind him.
The picture captures the energy of the supporters who propelled Trump to a historic victory.
- Meet TIME’s Newest Class of Next Generation Leaders
- After Visiting Both Ends of the Earth, I Realized How Much Trouble We’re In
- Google Is Making It Easier to Remove Personal Info From Search
- Oil Companies Posted Huge Profits. Here’s Where The Cash Will Go (Hint: Not Climate)
- Column: We Asked Hundreds of Americans About Abortion. Their Feelings Were Complicated
- A Short History of the Rise, Fall, and Rise Again of the Marcos Family
- Long-Lasting Birth Control Is Already Hard to Get. Advocates Worry It May Only Get Worse
- Who Should Be on the 2022 TIME100? Vote Now