A day after her supporters gathered beneath a glass ceiling at the Jacob K. Javits Convention Center in New York City, she addressed a smaller crowd of staff and supporters in a ballroom at the New Yorker Hotel. Clinton campaign chairman John Podesta appeared without Clinton at her election night rally, announcing that she would wait to speak until all votes were counted.
After being introduced by her running mate Tim Kaine, she voiced gratitude and hope for the future. She appeared to choke up as she addressed women, in particular, nodding to the historic nature of her candidacy.
“I want you to know that nothing has made me prouder than to be your champion,” she said. “And to all the little girls who are watching this, never doubt that you are valuable and powerful and deserving of every chance and opportunity in the world to pursue and achieve your own dreams.”
Read her full remarks here:
- Taylor Swift Is TIME's 2023 Person of the Year
- Meet the Nation Builders
- Why Cell Phone Reception Is Getting Worse
- Column: It's Time to Scrap the Abraham Accords
- Israeli Family Celebrates Release of Hostage Grandmother
- In a New Movie, Beyoncé Finds Freedom
- The Top 100 Photos of 2023
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time