Former Republican president George H.W. Bush and his son Jeb—once the frontrunner for the 2016 Republican nomination—congratulated president elect Donald Trump on Wednesday morning, offering support and prayers.
Earlier in the election season, Jeb said he would not vote for either Trump or Democratic nominee Hillary Clinton. Rumors suggested H.W. was considering voting for Clinton, while George W. Bush and his wife Laura reportedly did not vote for any presidential candidate, a major departure from presidential tradition.
- How the Biden Administration Lost Its Way
- Hanya Yanagihara Is Never Going to Read Your Mean Tweets
- Inside Finland's Plan to End All Waste by 2050
- Chloe Kim Is Ready to Win Olympic Gold Again—On Her Own Terms
- Asia Has Kept COVID-19 at Bay for 2 Years. Omicron Could Change That
- Investors Are Sinking Real Money Into Virtual Real Estate, With No Guarantees
- The Man Putin Fears