President Obama will deliver a speech from the White House at 12:15 p.m. EST today, following one of the most shocking U.S. elections in modern political history.
See How the World’s Newspapers Reported Donald Trump Victory
According to the White House, Obama already called Trump to congratulate him on his victory in becoming the president-elect and invited him to meet at the White House on Thursday. White House spokesman Josh Earnest says the meeting is to discuss the presidential transition.
Trump campaign manager Kellyanne Conway said Obama called Trump while he was speaking to his supporters in New York, and so Trump called him back after he left the stage. She said the two had what she described as a “very nice talk.”
More Must-Reads From TIME
- Meet the 2024 Women of the Year
- Greta Gerwig's Next Big Swing
- East Palestine, One Year After Train Derailment
- In the Belly of MrBeast
- The Closers: 18 People Working to End the Racial Wealth Gap
- How Long Should You Isolate With COVID-19?
- The Best Romantic Comedies to Watch on Netflix
- Want Weekly Recs on What to Watch, Read, and More? Sign Up for Worth Your Time
Write to Kate Samuelson at email@example.com